Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: Madison Sale Questionn

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Mary Kate's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    83
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Of course there will be bargains on ebay. Heck.. the volunteers buy things to sell on ebay. And yes I know they aren't supposed to... but they do. Last year Kailey's wet suit dropped from $150 on ebay to about $40 in a few weeks... because of resales from the Madison sale.

    And I had 7am tickets and a niece who CRAVED that outfit. I went there first. I can tell you that NONE were left for sale goers last year.

    So if there is something you want.. bargains are to be had on ebay that time of year.

    MK

  2. #12
    Inactive Member American_Mommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    918
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks,Just what I wanted to hear [img]smile.gif[/img] However, I am sorry there was none of that outfit left for your niece.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Ds9jullian's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    286
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can not tell you how jelous I am of anyone who gets to go to this sale. I will be living in Colorado and will have no one to take the trip with me so . . . . I can't go. I really would like to get a trunk and another doll but I can't go .


    Ashley

  4. #14
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am SO unspeakably jealous of all of you.

    But hey, why hold a grudge - so here's a tip:

    Buy some cheap nylon - ripstop is sturdiest ( it's the kind with the woven in checks)

    Sew up some simple but deep bags. They'll be sturdier if you make straps that run around them from top to bottom and end in handles. You might want to make them drawstirng shut, too so things don't fall out while you are looking (and so people don't help lighten your load - they do that at sales like this) To do this allow extra and don't bring the sttraps up all the way. You can also sew a strap around the top for support for the handles, so they don't tear. I always make French seams ( sew a seam, turn inside out sew again) for durabliity. I am sorry I can't draw this for you, but I think you who sew probably understand.

    Carry 2 - 4 of these with you. Keep them stuffed in a pocket till you need one. They will pack down to nothing and you will be able to maneuvor around much better. If you make them fairly narrow around but deep you will be able to carry a lot and still get around the crowds. Perhaps make one broader one in case you find beds. Also, I put parge pockets near the top of mine on the inside that hold fragile items - they are better protected away from the floor. You can put a layer of something slick that will hold up and serve to help side so it can be pulled as if it were on wheels too.

    I use such things for large estate sales and big outlet sales like this.

    If you need help with this I'll be happy to - just send me a ticket and I'll come along [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member acorniv's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    150
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I can't go either. And I really cannot justify the trunks otherwise <sigh> I'd love to get Kits and or Addy's. I could hardly live farther from the place and still be in the US, so don;t knwo what year I could go. I love the energy of that kind of sale, even though it does bring out the very worst in some people.

    The only neutral (never had a neg) ebay feedback I ever got was from someone who was reselling merch from there. She wrote a purposely deceptive auction for girl sized PJ.s where you had to really read the fine print to see it was one and not 6 pairs like the auctin title said. She never mentioned they were from the sale - I found that out because of the tags. I bid and won one pair, which she sent in too small a size. They're still in my gift closet, as they were to be a Christmas gift untill i saw the size label while wrapping gifts.

    My crime was that my dh's mom died and we had to leave town just as the auction ended. I even emailed her to let her know I'd be gone a week, in case I won. Talk about cold hearted. If any of you see a likely suspect, give them a good kick in the shins for me, will you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •